Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What an odd beast...

I standing at my sink a minute ago doing dishes. It occurred to me I haven't spoken with my good friend, Kena, in days. I know she is very preoccupied with her daughter's pending arrival into the light of day. Under average circumstances, we talk for about 40 minutes a day while running errands or cleaning. I don't blame her for our unusual silence. I feel like I'm watching a cheer leading competition on mute. She is the team I'm rooting for. She been a huge blessing to my sanity.

RAH RAH RE, KICK THE DOCS IN THE KNEES!
RAH RAH RAZZ, DON'T FORGET TO SASS!
While I know this pause in communication won't last forever, it got me thinking about what a strange beast relationships/friendships are. You grow to depend on them. You work at nurturing them. A good relationship/friendship can go awhile without watching the water in the pot start to boil. You know its still there no matter what. The other person will chuckle at your silly stupid moments. They'll laugh at your jokes no matter how idiotic. They will pray for you or with you when you aren't laughing. They'll answer your calls no matter what time of day or night it is and if they miss the call they'll call you back as soon as they are able. Thanks to all the amazing people out there who have been there for me!




1 comment:

  1. I am still here love! And I love and miss you so much it has definentlty been a hard road the last week.

    ReplyDelete