Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh so yummy lunch!

I was feeling adventurous this afternoon when I started getting hungry for lunch. I didn't really have much around so I had to through something together. The result is superb! I would make this again and again and again! I wanted to remember what I did, so here I am sharing with you all. This would make for enough for one and maybe a child.

Put pasta on to boil. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, put olive oil, 1/4 lb smoked sausage, some garlic and a few slices of onion. Saute! Drizzle a couple squirts of lemon juice in the bottom of the skillet. Chop some fresh Italian parsley. Cube one large mushroom cap. Combine with ingredients in skillet. Take a can of stewed Italian tomatoes pour enough juice to cover the bottom of the skillet. Dump the rest of the juice down drain. Add a small hand full of the canned tomatoes to the skillet. You want the "sauce" to be chunky and not like spaghetti sauce. Cover. You want to steam the sausage a little bit and let the flavors get stronger over the heat.

Drain the pasta and set aside for a couple minutes. You don't want to uncover the sauce for that time. After about 4 minutes, combine sauce and pasta. Put into a dish and ENJOY! Yumm-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment