This week is shaping up to be a busy week. It's just begun! I've made a discovery about "paper" plates. Here are my thoughts:
- "Paper" plates are made of several different materials: paper, Styrofoam, plastic, and cardboard.
- The paper version is usually quite flimsy. Juicy foods usually soak right through them. We can be like this as Christians, if we aren't careful. We have a very specific purpose, but we need to stay focused on keeping the Word's nutritional value open for sharing.
- Styrofoam plates will hold juicy food, but often melts under heat. We need to not forget how important a relationship with God is under the heat of a trail or a microscope.
- The Cardboard version usually does great with holding juicy foods, holds up under heat, and is pretty sturdy. However if you leave it sit for too long with juicy food on it, it will warp away to nothingness. We need to remember the importance of keep fresh nutrition in, on and around us. Time is not the most forgiving of masters. We can get warn down over time with service. Bulk up on some Words from the Lord. Refresh your spirit! No one can go on forever giving without getting a little back.
- Plastic plates seem to hold up the best on the go but still will never compare to regular plate. Be aware of comparisons. We should strive for our best self always, but never covet our brother or sister if we can't be them. They maybe be a paper plate wrapped up to look like plastic on the oustide. :D