Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I heard someone say this...

The most difficult fight is the one you have with yourself. The friend who told me this knew I was staring change in face. I was just about to graduate high school. I was struggling with the choices before me. Should I go directly into college? If so, Which one? Do I get a job? Where? Should I travel the world? How would I do that without money? Did I really want to move from my mom's house or stay put in an effort to accomplish all this? Anyway you get the idea. All time has done is made change more frequent and the inquires more demanding.
My graduation day with my parents and sisters- May 2001
Its been nearly 10 years since I graduated high school, yet I find myself reaching for the above wisdom. Change has been knocking at the door. I have ignored it for awhile. I can't do continue the avoidance any longer. I must face myself hoping my discoveries will bless my family. I'm finding it to be a challenge. I'm asking myself things I have chosen not to think about or are still figuring out myself. I find myself in the trenches digging through my inner rubble to find honest answers. I can't find the candid responses I need by pointing fingers at other people. They did not decide my reactions to my external situations. I did, therefore I keep delving deeper. What is hidden beneath the surface? Only God and I know.

Andy, Dylan and Me on Christmas Eve 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment