Thursday, December 16, 2010

Picture this...

Take a little journey with me if you will for a moment. We are in a park. There is snow on the ground and the trees are bare of their summer time greenery. There is a skinny little kid with a huge net slug over his shoulder. There are tagged packages of various shapes, colors and sizes in the full net. Determination is set on this child's face. He must continue on.  In front of him lies a frozen pond of thin ice. The snow is too deep to go around the pond. His only option is over the precarious ice. He steps out gingerly thinking He can trust solid ground to be his reward soon. He moves with great caution and wisdom testing his footing before each full step. He hears the eerie creek and grown of the ice. He still presses onward keeping his eyes focused on the shore, sure footing. He takes a quick check over his shoulder. People have gone this way before from the looks of it made it safely too. There is a trail up ahead waiting for him. These packages are heavy. He must deliver them to the unloading crew, who are waiting for him. Hope is keeping him warm today. He will get there. He must keep moving...

This is what I feel like these days. My packages are getting heavy. They all have names: fear, loneliness, expectations of others/self, change, hopes, maintenance of blessings, dashed hopes, surrender, dreams, work, finding new work, money, & future. I know I must keep moving on. Its what I know best. I may run in circles, but I can't win if I don't try, yes? I just want to find a nice tree to sit under until spring arrives for me again. I am so tired from my journey thus far. This ice could crack with the wrong step. If I fell through, I'd have to see a different kind of world. Arg! Who knows????!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment